What are Bite Problems; Care your Dental Implants
It is common for most of us to have experienced biting tongue or inner cheeks while chewing food. Ever wondered why? Well, this could be related to bite problems caused by misalignment of teeth. Continue reading LBR Dental implants blog about what are the bite problems and how dental implants will take care.
Teeth are like grinding stones which help us in tearing, biting, chewing, and pulverize food, making it easy for our stomach to digest. As we all know, an adult human has 32 teeth and It is difficult just to move only the upper teeth or the lower teeth. But to shut the mouth or open it, all 32 teeth have to come together.
So, the clasp our teeth make when they are shut has to be in synchrony to make the bite effective. Imagine a stapler with uneven hands…would make our life hard to staple paper with uneven hands of us too? Well, the same principle applies here for an uneven bite of the teeth.
A bite problem can be corrected by a dentist using fixing braces and dental implants. The treatment depends on the severity of the bite and an individual’s health condition. Having a bite has its drawbacks, which include difficulty chewing food, upper teeth biting into gums and lower teeth biting into the roof of the mouth etc.
To know more, let’s get into the details.
What is Bite Problems?
When the teeth in the mandibular arch (lower teeth) come into contact with those in the maxillary arch(upper teeth) in any functional relation, Or
The relation of the maxillary and mandibular teeth when the jaws are closed in centric relation without the strain of musculature or displacement of the condyle in their fossae are said to be “Occlusion.”
Vice versa a condition in which there is deflection from the normal relation of the teeth to other teeth in the same row or teeth in the opposite arch is known as “Malocclusion.” in other words When a person’s teeth or jaw structure do not fit together properly then this is referred to as malocclusions (or bad bites).
This may cause speech difficulty, premature wear of the teeth, and protective enamel, and even increase the chance of lesion teeth and jaw joints if left untreated.
Importance of having a normal occlusion is mastication, speech, appearance, stability
How do you know that you are suffering with your bite
Most of them have Problems with the way your teeth alignment (Fits in many different ways), shape, and size. They cause a bite problem where they feel pain, discomfort while chewing food properly.
There are some home-based tests that one can try and detect if a bite problem is what is contributing to pain or discomfort.
- Give Yourself the Clench Test
- Pain & Discomfort
Causes of Bite Problems:
- The Boney grooves of mouth will hold the teeth in place when that bone grooves move the teeth may also move into a new position.
- Due to abnormalities in the jaw bone
- Sometimes due to Hereditary
- Poor chewing habits
Classification of Bite problems:
The need for classification of bite problems is
- Grouping of orthodontic problems
- Location of problems to be treated
- Diagnosis and treatment plan
- Comparison of different types of malocclusion
- For self communication
- Documentation of problems
- Used of epidemiological studies
- Assessment of treatment effects of orthodontic appliances
- It can be divided into :
- Intra-arch malocclusions
- Inter-arch malocclusions
- Skeletal malocclusions
It includes: variations in individual tooth position; and malocclusions affecting a group of teeth they are:
- Distal inclination or distal tipping
- Mesial inclination or mesial tipping
- Lingual inclination ir lingual tipping
- Buccal inclination or buccal tipping
- Mesial displacement
- Distal displacement
- Distolingual or mesiobuccal rotation
- Mesiolingual or distobuccal rotation
1. Sagittal Plane malocclusion
- Pre Normal occlusion
- Postnormal occlusion
2. Vertical Plane malocclusion
- Open bite
- Deep bite
3. Transverse Plane malocclusion
- Buccal or lingual crossbite
1. Sagittal plane
2. Transverse plane
- Narrowing of arch
- Widening of arch
3. Vertical Plane
- Increase or decrease the facial height
There are seven types of bite problems that are common in children and adults. They are
- Cross Bite: The lower teeth will be outside, and the inner will be inside of the lower teeth. Crossbite condition should be treated as and when detected, If untreated, it can interfere with the growth of the jaw.
- Deep bite: It is defined as a condition of a big overbite, where your upper teeth cover the lower teeth, and you can’t see them. It should be treated to avoid long term gum and bone problems
- Overbite: It is also known as protrusion. The number of your upper teeth overlap your lower teeth; this is because when from a side profile, upper teeth, are much further out than the bottom teeth.
- Open bite: Sometimes, you have such a big deep bite that your lower teeth bite opposed to your palate. This opposite of a big overbite is no overbite, or a reverse overbite is called open bite. This is when upper and lower teeth don’t touch — the inability to chew food properly.
- Underbite: It is defined as an individual whose upper teeth land inside the lower teeth, in effect causing the bottom jaw to extrude to various levels and extend forward in front of the rest of the face.
- Crowding: Crowding can present itself in many ways overlapping teeth, rotated teeth, and teeth that are blocked out. There are several reasons why teeth get sometimes crowded bad habits lead to bad tooth position, sometimes a small jaw has too big teeth, and this is because if milk teeth are gone too early and this may cause the adult teeth to come out in all different places.
- Spacing: Spa cing can cause or exist for a few reasons when teeth are missing if teeth are too small for a wide jaw if certain habits have to lead to teeth being spaced out. It causes several problems, it acts as a food trap, and overtime bones and guns can recede.
Treatments: There are numerous types of treatments for bite problems, but we discuss more dental implants:
Braces: Braces can align the teeth properly, but they can’t give shape and size to the teeth so we can’t smile properly and we face the same problem the best option is to go with dental implants.
Dental implants give a proper size and shape to teeth, and there are many advantages with the dental implants.
How dental implants used to treat bite problems
A dental implant is a metallic surgical fixture used to serve as a replacement root of a missing tooth. Sufficient time is given for the implant to fuse with the jawbone. After successful fusing of the implant, this implant serves as a base for the replacement tooth.
Most dental implants are made of titanium, whose properties allow the metal to integrate or fuse well with the bone without being recognized as a foreign object in our body.
The most significant thing that dental implant gives or feels exactly like natural teeth that who has treated with the bite problem. Thus, enabling the patients to eat whatever they want, without restrictions, they can bite and chew on hard things. They can eat bread and sticky foods without worrying about sticky feel, or losing their bridges, crowns, and dentures who have gum problems with bite problem.
It looks like natural teeth and gives a beautiful look to our teeth. This implants may last for more than a decade without any problems, and the individual does not develop gum diseases or infections.
Smile Big eat whatever you want, be confident you!
To whom dental implants done
- Patients with complete loss of teeth (edentulous) with advanced residual ridge resorption
- Patient where RPD may weaken the abutment teeth with partial lack of teeth arches
- In maxillofacial deformities patients
- The person who Loses one or more of your teeth creates a gap in the smile affects the ability to chew properly, can alter your diet and nutrition.
- Bite Problems
How to Care your Dental Implants for bite Problems:
Patients are always in a dilemma about the care and maintenance of their implants. Our Dental implant Surgeon at LBR dental implants will explain to you in detail after the dental implant.
- Bleeding: to control minor bleeding, apply moderate pressure with gauze pads or clean, moist tea bag wrapped in a gauze pad.
- Activity: Limit yourself to calm activities for the first three to five days to keep your blood pressure stable, and overexertion may lead to reduce bleeding.
- Diet: Avoid chewing until the pain or numbness has worn out completely
- If they placed a temporary restoration, avoid chewing for at least one-half hour to allow the temporary cement to rest.
- For the first 24 hours after implants, drink lots of liquids, eat soft, nutritious foods, by chewing on the opposite direction of your implant.
- As soon as it is comfortable, you can begin to return to your usual diet, but continue to chew on the side opposite of the surgery site
- A doctor will evaluate your situation to determine how soon you can chew on the implant. Also, avoid very hot and spicy foods until your gums are healed.
- Oral Hygiene: If the doctor has recommended mouth rinse use it as directed
- For the first 14 days, brush the area gently with as a soft toothbrush before that use gauze or a cotton swab to gently wipe the implant site.
- Don’t floss the site for four weeks, we will evaluate the healing, and adjust your brushing and flossing timetable as necessary
- Brush and floss the other teeth normally
- Medications: If antibiotics and other medicines are prescribed, continue to take them for the prescribed length of time, even if there are no symptoms and signs of infection.
- After the surgery, It is normal to experience some discomfort or pain for several days. To rule out this discomfort, take pain medication before the anesthetic has worn off as recommended.
- Pain and swelling: To keep swelling to a minimum for the first 24 hours, use an ice bag, 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off.
- To reduce any soreness and swelling after the first 24 hours, apply moist heat.
- You can further reduce discomfort or swelling by very gently rinsing your mouth three times a day and after meals with warm water, add one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Instructions about the proper usage of wearing a removable denture or a partial denture will be given while your implants heal.
- Smoke: Don’t smoke or use tobacco for at least 24 hours and avoid tobacco as much as possible for the next several months. Ideally, you should quit altogether because tobacco slows healing and increase the risk that your body will reject the implants. Tobacco is a leading cause of implant failure.
- Call us right away if you have heavy bleeding, increased bleeding, you have pain or swelling that increases or continues beyond 2 to 3 days, or you react to the medication.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
There are advantages to dental implants, including
- Dental implants can improve the appearance, look, and feel like your teeth. They look like permanent teeth as they are designed to fuse with the bone.
- To improve speech: Sometimes the crossed, zig-zag teeth, and spaced teeth can cause you to speak improperly, causing slur or mumble words. Dental implants help you to speak without any problem, and speech can be clear.
- Improved comfort they become part of your teeth; they make you feel comfort as normal teeth.
- Easier eating. Some Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult, causing pain, but this problem can be solved by Dental implants they make feel like normal teeth and allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Improper teeth make you feel unhappy, and you can’t even smile in front of others by Dental implants helps you to get back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Dental implants can Improve oral health because it helps the teeth to improve long-term oral health.
- Dental implants are durable as they can withstand wear, pressure, or damage; and will last many years if good care takes many implants last a lifetime.
Get Personalised Advice now on your WhatsApp
You Call or Ping on WhatsApp to know more about how dental implants benefit you and how they improve your oral health, smile, appearance, confident, and easy eating.
Contact our Dental Implant Surgeon to Get your personalised advice now at 98490 08623
Bite problems, although not severe, could mess with our day-to-day activities. They cause hindrance with our communication, chewing of food, and our aesthetic look. Fortunately, the solution to bite problem exists in the form of surgical, dental implants.
Due care has to be taken about our eating habits and lifestyle to allow the implants to last longer. It is easy if you are guided by an able dental surgeon.
So, to get expert advice in this regard, please schedule an appointment with our Dental implant Surgeon at LBR dental implants.
About LBR dental implants
LBR dental implants provide world-class implants solution with the best treatment from best endodontist and certified implant dentist Dr AK Reddy and Sharadha Reddy.
The doctors are globally trained cosmetic dentist who treats Removable & Permanent Prosthodontics along with Dental Crowns Bridges, Dentures, and dental implant by using the latest technology and with a wide variety of FDA approved implant options. They take patient care throughout all of the oral and dental health treatments.
Restore your beautiful natural smile, boost your self-confidence now. Get today your personalized & comprehensive dental implant services. Call or Ping us on WhatsApp at +91-9849008623, LBR Dental Implant Center, and schedule your FREE consultation today!
Choose our Dental Implant Clinic Makes You Look Beautiful, Natural Looking, and Get your Smile!