Are Dental Implants Best For Me?
If you lose teeth or are struggling with severely damaged teeth, there are various options for dental restorative care. You might have heard about dental implants,which are the next best to real teeth. But are you an ideal candidate for dental implants?
The team at LBR Dental Implants have implanted and restored fixed teeth for years and can help you make the right decision. This Blog provided by LBR Dental Implants gives you information about implants, that will help you in deciding whether you are an ideal candidate for dental implants or not.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are titanium posts, used to replace not only the crown but the missing tooth root as well ,thereby preventing bone loss and retaining the facial height.In a dental implant procedure, titanium posts replace the roots of the teeth which accommodate crowns or bridges on them, the teeth look and work like natural teeth.
Types of Dental implants :
1) Single piece Basal implants.
2) Conventional two piece implants.
Dentists consider the pros and cons of each of these systems in deciding which technique is apt for the patient, taking various issues like his health, his requirements and bony status into consideration.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
Yes if you are missing a tooth or are completely edentulous:
- Above 18 years of age
- Not on IV Bisphosphonates
- Not undergoing head and neck radiation.
LBR Dental Implant team always uses advanced technology to assess the bony condition and determine a conservative approach that meets the demands of the patients.
Factors That Affect the Success of Your Dental Implant Surgery:
- Bone condition:Bone loss often occurs in people who have lost teeth or have periodontitis. If the jaw bone has good density,conventional implants can be placed and loaded immediately or else procedures like Bone grafting and sinus lift are done to improve the bone status,wait for around 3 to 6 months,to heal and then Implants are placed and prosthesis cemented on them.
- Existing medical conditions: Although patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes or high blood pressure may require additional precautions, most of the patients who undergo routine dental care can usually have dental implants.
- Smoking: Smoking often reduces dental implant success. It is up to the treating doctor to determine whether a smoker is a suitable candidate for dental implants. Basal implants are considered to be safe in chronic smokers.
This information acts as a guide to determine the best candidates for dental implants. However, the treating doctor will examine the patient and customise the treatment plan depending on the patient’s requirement,bone status and his health condition.
The best way to determine if a dental implant is right for you is to make an appointment with a doctor at LBR Dental Implants. This type of cosmetic dental surgery can dramatically improve your appearance and confidence while protecting your bone and general health.
If you want to learn more, please contact us on +91-9849008623 to schedule an appointment with Dr K.A.Reddy, who is an expert in implant restoration, at LBR Dental Implants. Our goal is to make sure you smile with confidence and without any limitation. Our team shall explain the restoration options specific to you, so you can decide whether dental implants suit best for your needs.