Endodontic therapy or Root canal therapy
What is Endodontics?
This is a branch of dentistry that is concerned with the identification and treatment of infected tooth or dental pulp. The dental procedure that is used to treat such cases is called “Endodontic Therapy”, more commonly known as “Root Canal Treatment”. This is one of the widely used procedures in the field of dentistry across the globe.
Significance of Root Canal Treatment
Unlike procedures such as installation of dental crowns or bridges which involve removal of damaged teeth and replacing them with artificial and customized teeth, Root Canal helps you get back your own natural teeth, just more healthy and disinfected. This procedure is preferable when you have a good chance of getting back your healthy and natural teeth.
Probable Causes of ToothNerve Damage or Dental Pulp Infection
- Cracks in the tooth
- Accidental injury to the tooth
- Deep cavities resulting in accumulation of bacteria
- Repeated or rigorous dental procedures leading to dental trauma
When Do You Need It?
If you are experiencing at least one or more of the symptoms mentioned below, then your teeth might be infected and it is imperative that you get an immediate dental check-up
- Tooth pain varying from mild to severe throughout the day
- Inconvenience and heavy pain while biting or chewing food
- Swollen appearance of gums
- High sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Accidental injuries – You need to check with the doctor if there’s any severe damage to the teeth roots
Root Canal Treatment – The Procedure
Root Canal treatment involves a sequence of steps to identify and treat or disinfect the damaged or infected tooth. Once our expert dentist or Endodontist analyzes the problem with the help of an X-Ray, you will be suggested Root Canal treatment in case of nerve damage or tooth pulp infection. The following are certain few steps that are common for all root canal treatment cases.
- Administration of local anesthesia to numb any pain caused during the treatment
- Making an opening (canal) to remove of the damaged or infected dental pulp. This is called “Pulpectomy” Cleaning or Disinfecting the damaged area
- Filling the roots with “Gutta-Percha” material
- Sealing the canal with the cement
Once the treatment is completed, our Endodontist will compare the latest X-Ray of your teeth with that of the one prior to the treatment to see if the infection is completely eliminated and determine the success of the procedure. After the confirmation, you will be suggested with some important measures and tips to maintain healthy teeth after the procedure.
Evolution of Root Canal Treatment
Most people have a common notion that Root Canal is a painful procedure with a lot of inconvenience. A few years ago, it was indeed used to be that kind of procedures as the removal of dental pulp is a painful one. But that is history. With the innovations and developments in the field of dentistry, Root Canal has also become one of the simpler, comfortable, and painless procedures for the patient. The administration of anesthesia with other advanced techniques will help you get rid of any inconvenience during the process.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- Restores your natural tooth instead of replacing them with artificial ones
- Preferred procedure to get rid of pulp infection and nerve damage
- With proper care, the restored teeth can be healthy for life-time
- Affordable procedure
- Assured success
Single Visit Root Canal Treatment
The advances in dentistry meant that the root canal procedure is not only easier and painless, but also quicker. Patients would be eligible for the single visit root canal treatment unless the tooth and root damage is high in which case multiple visits are required. As the name itself indicates, this procedure will be done in a single sitting and the entire process of cleaning, disinfecting, and sealing will be performed in a single session.
There are many advantages with this single visit root canal treatment
- Decreased duplication of procedure.
- Accepted by majority of the patients owing to its high convenience and simplicity.
- Only one anesthesia required.
- Lowered chances of Gingival trauma.
- No issues of inter-appointment dental contamination or infections.
- Great time saver.
- Very much affordable.
- Good success rate that matches in effectiveness with multiple visit procedure.
World Class Facilities – High Success Rate at LBR
LBR Dental and Implant Center features state-of-the-art equipment and experienced Endodontists to help you get rid of the dental infections with ease. Root Canal treatment at LBR is painless, comfortable, and highly affordable one assuring you permanent results and long lasting healthy and natural teeth.