What is Teeth Whitening or Bleaching?
Tooth Whitening is a popular dental procedure used to get rid of the stains, yellowness or discoloration that is observed in the teeth. Bleaching is a fast and effective teeth whitening procedure that brings new shine to the teeth and improves the look with a long-lasting results.
Causes for Tooth Discoloration or Yellowing
The density of Enamel, which is the outer layer of a tooth, is a vital factor in the discoloration of the teeth. The thinner the enamel gets, the greater the discoloration can be observed. There are many causes for enamel to deplete in density which can lead to teeth yellowing or discoloration. These are categorized into Intrinsic and Extrinsic causes.
|INTRINSIC CAUSES||EXTRINSIC CAUSES|
|Dental cavities and trauma||Dental plaque|
|Dentinogenesis Imperfecta||Beetle nut chewing|
|Amelogenesis||Certain topical medication|
|Tetracycline and Porphyria||Excessive consumption of Coffee and Tea|
|Haemolytic Disease in the New-Borns||Beverages like Cola, Red Wine|
The Bleaching Solution
There are basically two types of Bleaching or Teeth Whitening procedures. They are
- In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Do-It-Yourself (or) Over-The-Counter approach.
While the former procedure will be performed under the expert dentist supervision at the clinic and assures great results, the second procedure, as the name itself indicates, is self-performed and needs extra care during the process. It is always suggested to go for the bleaching process under expert supervision to avoid unnecessary complications unless you have good experience of having performed it by yourself before.
LBR Dental and Implant Center offers high standard bleaching procedure for you to get rid of the discoloration in the teeth and restore the bright and confident smile.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Our expert dentist will examine your teeth and gums to analyze the extent of discoloration and yellowing as well as the reason behind it during your consultation. The treatment process will be performed taking all the factors and constraints into the equation to reap the best and desired results. We aim to achieve natural look of white teeth for you.
Zoom Bleaching at LBR
We offer the renowned Zoom bleaching process which is widely used these days to lighten the discoloration of enamel and dentin. This is a highly effective process that accelerates the bleaching process and shows results within just an hour.
- A short preparation before the procedure includes covering of lips and gums leaving the teeth exposed
- Zoom Hydrogen Peroxide gel is applied to the teeth and light penetrates the teeth and breaks up the stains
- Gel is applied for three 15 minute sessions of light activation
- Entire procedure takes less than an hour
Features and Advantages
- Applicable to anyone though the effectiveness in results vary depending on the person’s dental health
- As with any other whitening procedure, this is not recommended for children under 13 as well as pregnant/lactating women
- Zoom Whitening/Bleaching is widely availed across the globe
- It is fast, easy, effective, and permanent with appropriate care
- Highly safe under the supervision of dentist. In fact, many dentists consider this the safest cosmetic dental procedure
- For permanent and best results, brushing twice a day and regular flossing is suggested
- Professional formula products such as Whitening toothpaste and occasional touch-ups with Zoom take-home gel will keep your teeth at their brightest
- Highly advantageous than over-the-counter procedures as tooth whitening strips, brush-on gels, and toothpastes takes weeks and months to show results. Zoom bleaching achieves results with one sitting!
- Procedure is safe and effective under the supervision of dentist than over-the-counter.
- Zoom! Lamp used in the procedure increases the effectiveness of Zoom! Gel by at least 33% giving an average improvement of eight shades
- Generally Comfortable procedure. Rarely a patient with strong gag reflexes or heavy anxiety may undergo a slight difficulty.
- Though some may experience increased tooth sensitivity due to cold treatment, symptoms will disappear within 1-3 days after treatment
- Entire procedure is completed in just over an hour. Five minute fluoride treatment completes the procedure
- Thorough cleaning is recommended prior to the actual Zoom! Whitening session
Precautions, Measures and Alternatives
- This procedure requires all soft tissue in and around the mouth to be protected
- Any exposed skin or tissue is identified, isolated, and protected
- Protective eyewear is required during the procedure
- Light sensitive individuals including those undergoing PUVA (Psoralen+UV Radiation) therapy or other photo-chemotherapy, as well as patients with melanoma, should not undergo the Zoom! In-Office procedure
- Patients taking any light sensitive drugs or substances, whether over-the-counter, prescription or homeopathic, should consult their primary physician prior to procedure
- Anyone who is not eligible for Zoom! In-Office for these reasons may be an excellent candidate for Zoom! Take-Home.
- Set of custom made trays and bleaching gel will be provided which should be applied once a year
- Permanent results of white teeth can be enjoyed if proper care and measures are taken
Zoom! Take-Home System
This system helps you maintain white and healthy teeth by yourself and ensure that the results of Zoom Bleaching are permanent. The features of this innovative system are as follows
- Uses breakthrough dual barrel chemistry that is engineered to accelerate whitening efficacy in two unique ways
- Surfactant technology for improved gel penetration
- Controls the activation of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Innovative formula that creates activation matrix which regulates the release of free radicals for optimal results
- Delivers an average of six shades after three applications
- Designed to be worn between four and eight hours per application. The ideal time will be suggested by the expert dentist
- Can wear it during day or night though most people prefer wearing it night during sleep
- Results may vary and your expert dentist will help you determine the ideal number of applications for you
Do-It-Yourself or Over-The-Counter Procedures
Home bleaching procedure will require careful application of the solution as directed by the expert dentist. This is for someone who is not looking for immediate results and are hoping to do it at home at their own convenient time. The features of this procedure are
- Customized trays for the patient are prepared which is given along with the bleaching gel
- They should be used for a period of 2 weeks for about 3 hours a day to observe the difference
- § The bleach is usually Carbamide Peroxide and has variable concentration levels
- Needs relatively less time investment at the dentist
- Reasonably priced
- You will be able to bleach at your own convenience
- Time taking
- Less effective results and benefits compared to In-Office procedure
- Needs extra care and could prove tedious
Tips To Maintain Healthy and White Teeth at Home
LBR Dental and Implant Center suggests you the following simple tips to take care of your teeth and maintain good dental health after the bleaching procedure
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Ensure that you don’t have any food particles in between teeth. Clean your teeth well after eating and drinking
- Avoid junk food, sugary foods, and drinks to the maximum possible extent.
- Get your dental health checked up regularly
Achieve shiny and rejuvenated white teeth with world class bleaching procedure at LBR Dental and Implant Center now. Get in touch with us for consultation and more information.